Hello, bookish friends! I know, it’s been a while. And I have not been the best blogger, I do want to change that.m. I hope you will see a lot more content from me for the rest of the year. This tag is all over YouTube and I thought this was the perfect way to jump back into things! I know I’m a little late but I hope you will still enjoy seeing what I’ve read so far this year.
I know that everyone is probably tired of hearing me say that I am back and then having me not post for months, but this time I’m serious. I have blog posts planned out and I’m really excited to share with all of you. I hope your doing well and being safe!
➽ 1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2020:
This was SO hard to answer because,this has been a really great reading year for me quality wise.
• House of Earth and Blood – Sarah J Maas, If you know me then you will know I am teach for SJM. So there is no surprise that her newest book is now on the top of my list. Earth and blood, is Maas first adult written book and I loved it so much. The character’s are incredible even though SJM seems to follow a certain pattern while writing character’s, what I loved the most was the friendship and the investigation.
• Crave – Tracy Wolff, Did this book feel like a slight Twilight rip off? Yes. Did I love it? Absolutely. I had no idea what I was getting into with this book. But I kept on seeing Keeley tweet and rave about the story, it had me very intrigued. This book was so much fun and everything my vampire loving soul needed. I am so excited for the sequel to come out this fall.
➽ 2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2020:
Clockwork Princess – Cassandra Clare, This book broke my heart and then put it back together again. The Epilogue in this book is my favourite thing ever written. Absolutely beautiful! Jem Castairs will forever own my heart.
➽ 3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to:
• Clap When you Land – Elizabeth Acevedo, I think I’m going to put this on a tbr really soon. It’s written in verse so I bet I could get through it quickly and She is really becoming one of my favourite authors.
• The House in the Cerulean Sea – TJ Kulne, This book sounds magical and I need more of that in my life. I cannot wait to read it.
➽ 4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year:
Crush – Tracy Wolff , Shine – Jessica Jung, As I mentioned I am really excited to read this one. Vampires that’s all I need.
➽ 5. Biggest disappointment:
The Bone Witch – Rin Chupeco, I wanted to love this book so bad. It had everything to make me love it, necromancy, sibling relationship but I think I had it to hyped up in my head and so sad that i wasn’t vining with this book.
➽ 6. Biggest surprise:
The Shadow Between Us – Tracia Lenvenseller , I didn’t know anything going into this book other than I saw Katie loved it. This book was extremely entertaining, the MC is a wicked girl and I loved her. She sets out to seduce and marry the shadows king, and then she plans on murdering him. So she can take his kingdom for herself. I loved the banter between the characters and this was just so good!
➽ 7. Favorite new author (debut or new to you):
Akemi Dawn Bowman – New to me
I have had StarFish in my shelves for years and kept putting it off, I still haven’t picked it u. However I did read Akemi newest release Harley in the Sky, which is a story about a multiracial teen trapeze artist, in the circus. This book was incredible! I loved it so much and now I want to read all the authors backlist.
➽ 8. Newest fictional crush:
I don’t really get crushes on fictional characters, but for this answer I am going to go with Bryce from Crescent City.
➽ 9. Newest favorite character: I would have to say, again either Bryce or Skye they are two characters that really stood out to me. And have stuck with me.
➽ 10. Book that made you cry:
Beach Read – Emily Henry, I think timing had everything to do with why I cried so much reading this book. I read this in the weekend that would have been my Dad’s birthday, who i lost 5 years ago. While this book is a romance it also deals with January grieving the loss of her father. This was a really émotions read for me but I loved it. I loved it even more because I buddy read it with my friend Quinn.
➽ 11. Book that made you happy:
I’ll be the one – Lyla Lee, This book was everything my heart needed. A plus sized Korean American girl, tried out for a kpop talent competition. Skye is a treasure, she is inspiring and talented. She does not let the fact that she’s fat stop her from going after her dreams and I am a 1000% here for that!! The love interest was adorable and I loved every interaction between them. I will definitely be retreading this one. 💖
➽ 12. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received):
There is so many beautiful books, I would have to say Crescent city, A Song Below Water, chain of gold, probably a lot more that I can’t think of at the moment.
➽ 13. What book(s) do you need to read by the end of the year?:
Again, I have so many answers for this question! How do people just pick one???
•Ninth House – Leigh Bardugo, I don’t know why I haven’t picked this one up yet. It sounds amazing and I really think I will love it.
•Chain of Gold- Cassandra Clare, this one is ambitious because I still have to read 6 books before I get to this one.
• The City of Brass – S.A Chakraborty, I can’t believe I haven’t read this one yet. Everyone seems to love it.
➽ 14. Favorite book community member:
I also want to shout out Sofii, we don’t talk that often but I love her content and she’s stuck with me through my blogging breaks. She is so sweet and I love chatting with her.
Thank you to everyone who continues to support me in the book community it means the world to me. I am so happy to be posting on my blog again, I’ll see you again very soon 💜